Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Visual Poet’s Thirty, 30 Days of National Poetry Month 2011; Poop Scoop Pledge Poem

On this day of National Poetry Month 2011; my poem The Poop-Scoop Pledge encourages all pet owners to commit to preventing serious human health hazards by scooping the poop.                                                 

I promise as I walk here and there with my best pal
I will proudly carry a scooper to remove all residual
I will not allow my neighborhood duty to go awry
I promise to be readily observant as we stroll by
I will not harm others with the fecal bacteria group
So, when pal squats to drop piles of poop
I will quickly remove it with a clean swoop
'Cause, I actually care about the public safety, that's no doubt
Believe me; I am so ashamed that it took this long, to shout it out
From this day forward, I will use considerate, discipline
I promise, I'll be a responsible animal lover, thru thick and thin
And, I will encourage others to avoid, committing the same, poop sin
This solemn oath, I will never renege, dilly-dally nor hedge
For, today, I faithfully agree to the crucial, Poop-Scoop Pledge

Excerpt from The Poop-Scoop Pledge                                                 
Copyright by Deborah Young, Visual Poet

No comments:

Post a Comment